5.5.07

Some days are harder than others:

I started to write a Mother's Day card for my mother today, it being that time of the year and all that. I wrote that I wished I could be there to take her out to brunch. And then I started to cry.

Jenny would always have done that before. I've been living away from home for quite a few Mother's Days now, so I would call and Jenny would take her out for brunch or lunch. I feel so guilty that I can't be there now, though my brother will hopefully be able to spend Mother's Day with my mom.

And that's how it goes. Most of the time you're OK, you can go through weeks without it being a big deal, and then something seemingly unrelated hits you, and it's like it just happened yesterday. Like I just got off the phone with my mother that morning, and this is the first wave of pain rather than the hundredth of the thousandth or whatever it is.