23.5.07

Football + smoke detector randomness:

It's time for the State of Origin series of rugby games, played between Queensland and NSW. I'm going to go watch it with some Queenslanders, so apparently I am not to wear blue. I think I personally prefer AFL to rugby, mostly because the guys are hotter and actually have necks (what? I never claimed not to be shallow). But this should be entertaining. Must go buy beer though.

Also, a couple of guys from the Embassy came out Monday to install more smoke detectors in my apartment. Now I have five for my three bedroom apartment. Monday afternoon when I came home, one of the new ones was going off. After a bit of a struggle, I gave up and took the battery out. I figured that four smoke detectors was sufficient. Only Tuesday at work I got a call from my contact at the Embassy about the beeping in my apartment. So the guy ended up coming back out and giving me another one.

My question is, how did they know? Maybe these aren't really smoke detectors at all... Just a theory.

Labels: