3.6.07

Water polo:

I'm working on picking up random sports right now. So I played water polo this afternoon. It was killer, especially since we had no subs so it was 32 minutes of treading water, combined with short spurts of intense swimming. There was no blood in the water, though this one girl was definitely pretty aggressive and a couple of my teammates responded in kind (the ref can't really see that much anyway).

It was pretty fun, and a girl I met was interested in doing some training, at least swimming, so I think we'll start that once I get back from the US. I definitely don't have the eggbeater kick thing down, and swimming with my head out of the water is hard.

Oh yeah and we won, shockingly to me. The other team not only had subs and actual uniforms, but they were from ADFA, so not only were they very young, they were also fit, what with the fitness requirement and all.

The game was at the ADFA pool and I think the girl at the counter just assumed I went there. Not only did I show no ID or anything, but she directed me towards the ADFA team. Damnit, I am older than 18, even the guy in the liquor store agreed on that one (after he carded me).

Labels: ,