7.6.07

Back home:

I leave Saturday for my week in the US. I suspect it will be weird, home and not home at the same time. Will I be able to drive on the right? Will I have some sort of sensory overload from having more than four channels of TV? This will be different from the last return, because I've been here longer and spent less time with Americans while I'm here. Should be interesting anyway.

I've been thinking about what I want to do when I return for real. Finish my training program, obviously. But do I go back and get the engineering degree I've been contemplating? Or do I continue just doing the same job as an engineer for slightly less pay and without always understanding why I'm doing what I'm doing? I think if I go the hardware route, I need some formal training (not necessarily the whole degree, but some RF classes), but if I stick to mostly software I've picked up enough on my own.

And if I don't go to school, do I look at the position in Germany I've had my eye on? Am I willing to become a permanent expat? Not so sure about that one...

Labels: ,