3.8.07

I think what I miss most about college is the nights where you just hang out, drink wine or tea or fancy drinks, put on some music, and sit around and talk. Now everyone lives a lot further away than a block or two, so an evening is something a bit more involved. What I'm really in the mood for tonight is to have Will and Sudeep and Amanda and Maggie over and sit around and drink Tom Collinses or gin and tonics or margaritas and talk about whatever.

Instead I have to decide between going out hardcore or staying in alone. Tonight is an in alone night, since I'm beat and still not entirely healthy. But it would be great to have people over. Not like a party, with the really late night and obscene cleanup entailed in that description. Just sitting around and talking. If the Hiking Club ever were to get their row of cheap houses in Anacostia, I guess that would be what we could do.

In other news, I think I don't have malaria, which makes me happy. I had incredible chills on Tuesday night, which I know from Little House on the Prarie is totally a malaria symptom. I didn't feel feverish, though I didn't have a thermometer to check.